Happy Monday everyone! 15 minutes ago, I found this post in my Drafts folder that I wrote (but didn’t publish it) earlier this year when I was (most likely) having a sh*tty day. I had a wee chuckle reading this and thought I’d publish it today to hopefully help cure anyone with Monday-itis…
Some days, I wake up feeling awesome, energised and ready to take on zombies (I have been watching too many episodes of The Walking Dead!). And then there are the other days where I wake up and look in the mirror and think “I look like sh*t today!” (even a zombie wouldn’t attack me!) – and wish I could crawl back into the comfort of my bed. Well, fear not my friends, I have come up with a list of 10 things to do when you are having a “I look like sh*t today!*” day :-
1. Call in sick at work and go back to bed. Keep sleeping until you wake up and think you stop looking like sh*t.
2. Don’t wear your glasses so you can’t see how sh*t you look. If you can see without glasses, poke your eyeballs so you can’t see how sh*t you look.
3. Go for a blow dry. A good hair day can fix anything!
4. Take a selfie on your phone and Instagram it with plenty of filters. Filters can make anyone look good!
5. Have a professional make-up artist on speed dial and call them over to make you look like a Hollywood celeb ready to rock the red carpet in no time.
6. Can’t afford option #5 (seriously, who can apart from celebs?), apply all your favourite makeup products all at once.
7. Eat chocolate or chips or both. Eating releases happy hormones.
8. Punch your partner in the balls? Okay, don’t do that because you don’t want your partner to become an ex! But imagine the face of your worst enemy and punch your pillow.
9. Slip on your sexiest lingerie and imagine your dream man doing all sorts of sexy things to you 😉
10. Smile and say “Sh*t happens!” and carry on as normal.
Jokes aside, please remember :
You create beauty with your attitude, your behaviour, your actions. It’s all up to you.
Have an awesome week beautiful ladies