Do you have a chilled-out and laidback brother / boyfriend / guy friend / husband / father? Well, here’s a phrase which will scare him, “Hey, your hairline’s receding!” and watch him scurry to the nearest mirror and pull back his hair and analyse his hairline in every angle possible.
Note : This will only work on non-bald guys!!!
Anyway, my Husband genuinely has a receding hairline because his hairdresser, who he has been seeing since 2004, told him so and because his father (my FIL) is semi-bald…but he does that combover thing that old guys do…you know the one I mean! I actually bought some seaweed gooey stuff to make a DIY hair thickening product, but before I got all the ingredients together, an interesting email landed in my inbox…and to cut a long story short, my Husband got 3 American Crew Trichology Hair Recovery products – Shampoo, Concentrate and Patch – to try out and review for my blog.
So for this beauty blogging hair adventure, he was supposed to use the 3 products together to maximise the effectiveness. Wash hair with the Shampoo and then massage the Concentrate into scalp, before waiting for hair to dry and sticking the Patch on areas of recession and sleep with it overnight.
The following is a review I had to write on behalf of him. He’s like a typical guy with answers like “nice” and “good”. Yep, completely useless, right? But I did get squeeze some answers out of him and here is the review…
American Crew Trichology Hair Recovery Shampoo
Contains a proven formula that nourishes and expands the life of the hair and stimulates, soothes and helps heal the scalp.
- Smells good, lathers well and a manly shampoo.
- Would definitely repurchase again.
American Crew Trichology Hair Recovery Concentrate
Fuller, thicker and stronger hair; prolongs hair life.
RRP $59.95 for 12 ampoules
- One ampoule per application seems rather excessive and as there’s only 12 in the box, can make the stuff last longer by using half an ampoule instead
- Slightly oily and absorbs well
- Rather unpleasant smell (Ling : Sorry, but I have to agree. He jumped into bed one night and I scrunched up my nose and I was like, “What’s that smell?”) - but it fades away once it has dried
- May consider repurchasing again
American Crew Trichology Hair Recovery Patch
Releases selected ingredients overnight to boost strength and thickness
RRP $119.95 for 60 patches
- For the first two nights I used it, I got a headache; but after that, it was okay.
- Easy to apply and requires minimal effort
- Pricey but would repurchase when I earn big bucks
So, one question on everyone’s mind is, “Did it thicken your receding hairline?” and being a guy with limited words in his beauty blogging dictionary, he said, “I think so…” and turned back to play his iPad 2. Le sigh.
To be honest, in my opinion, it’s difficult to comment on hair thickening after 4 weeks of usage. But it appears he had a pleasant experience with this hair regime and good thing he found a manly shampoo he likes because he can stop using my hair stuff!