1. Essie Madison Ave-Hue Collection
Reason #652 to go to Priceline (Australian drugstore mecca) is because they now sell Essie polishes!
And what’s new is the Essie Madison Ave-Hue Collection which are (from left to right) :
- Bond With Whomever – pastel lilac creme
- Maximillian Strasse-Her – sandy green creme
- Avenue Maintain – French blue creme
- Madison Ave-Hue – hot pink with silver flecks
- Go Ginza – muted lilac pink
- Hip-anema (missing shade from my collection) – a bright red creme
Essie nail polishes can be purchased at Myer or Priceline at RRP $18.95 AUD.
2. Beyonce Heat The Mrs Carter Show World Tour Eau De Parfum
Queen Bey arrives in Melbourne next month for her Mrs Carter show – but sadly, I don’t have tickets for the show 🙁 Not to worry, at least I can smell good with this limited edition EDP with notes of mangosteen (yummilicious Asian fruit), pink pepper (never seen that before) and acai mixed with florals. It’s a refreshing scent perfect for Spring 🙂 I am also a big fan of the aquatic colours of the bottle.
Beyonce Heat The Mrs Carter Show World Tour Eau De Parfum (100ml) is available at Myer for RRP $39 AUD.
3. Lancome DreamTone Ultimate Dark Spot Corrector
This exciting new Lancome serum is a gamechanger! Lancome identified 3 major pigmentation profiles :-
- Pigmentation profile 1 consists essentially of fair skins, whose major specific concern is a tendency to redness
- Pigmentation profile 2 includes medium skins, whose specific colour disorder is a tendency towards a sallow skin
- Pigmentation profile 3 is made up of dark skins that tend to show blemish marks
This new type of pigment profiling highlights the need for carefully tailored skincare, adapted both to the skin tone and its specific associated areas of pigment fragility.
I have been a busy bee and trialling this (profile 1) for the last 2 weeks and will report to you with a more detailed review shortly.
Lancome DreamTone Ultimate Dark Spot Corrector (40ml) is available in Lancome Australia counters now at RRP $105 AUD.
4. Tom Ford Summer 2013 Collection
For Summer 2013, Tom Ford introduces a seasonal colour collection that captures the luminous and sensuous effect of bronzed skin. This limited edition collection features the new Tom Ford Skin Illuminator, the Tom Ford Illuminating Cheek Color and a harmony of shimmery and sheer shades for the eyes, lips and nails.
Pictured is Tom Ford Skin Illuminator in Fire Lust (RRP $100 AUD) and Lip Lacquer in Pink Lust (RRP $65 AUD) – very lusty indeed! The whole collection is available for your viewing and purchasing pleasure at David Jones now.
Beauty Newbies is a new series that I am testing out on the blog. I just want to showcase all the fantastic new beauty products that come across my beauty desk before it becomes old news 😛 Some products will go on to have full-on detailed reviews with photos and swatches and some won’t…so if there is something that catches your eye, please let me know and I will try my best to provide more blog coverage on it 🙂