A bunch of nail mail care packages arrived on my beauty desk recently – big thanks to Revlon, Maybelline, Essie and Avon for their support. I’ve finally got round to swatching, snapping pics and sharing my thoughts with you *smiles* (pats myself on the back for all the alliteration achieved!)
1. Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel
There are currently 24 scented nail polishes (love how there’s so much variety) in the Parfumerie collection which are split into 3 groups :-
- Fruits & Florals : Lime Basil, Pink Pineapple, China Flower, African Tea Rose, Apricot Nectar, Ginger Melon, Orange Blossom, Wild Violets
- Sweets & Spices : Espresso, Moonlit Woods, Chocolate Truffle, Autumn Spice, Balsam Fir, Bordeaux, Spun Sugar, Italian Leather
- Freshes : Powder Puff, Fresh Linen, Surf Spray, Lavender Soap, Whitemint, Beachy, Tropical Rain, Sunlit Grass
(*Please note that they are not written in order as seen in the photo – I didn’t have time to sort it out because of my crying baby – but if I find time, I will fix it up!)
Revlon nail polishes are one of my favourite drugstore nail brands as their formulations paint beautifully. And now it’s even better with an added in-scent-ive! See what I did there?! The only downside is that the fragrance is only obvious when it is dry. I didn’t read the small print on the label so I sniffed around 15 of them – “why does it still smell like normal nail polish?” – before I
got really high realised. DOH!
I will confess that as your beauty guinea pig, I haven’t had the chance to swatch and smell them all (a bit difficult at the moment with my newborn bubs) but the ones I have swatched, smelt and liked the most so far are :
- Orange Blossom – smells fruity and yummy and makes me want to lick my nails!!
- Wintermint – the frosty mint with turquoise glitter is what really caught my eye and once dried, it has a subtle minty toothpaste smell
- Moonlit Woods – it actually smells like a sweet perfume that my sister wears – but I can’t remember the name of it…
Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel Collection is available at all Revlon counters now at RRP : $15.95
2. Maybelline NY Color Show Brocades Limited Edition Collection
Forget adding sparkles to your life, just glitter bomb your nails! “Metallic glitter shades that are plated into a golden, holographic base” equates to awesomeness!
There are 5 colours : Foil Flash, Knitted Gold, Rosy Rosettes, Beaming Blue and Sapphire Stitch
However, as with all glitter-based nail polishes, they are
a bitch tricky to remove – you have been warned! If you are time poor like me, don’t paint all your nails with glitter but just use it as an accent nail or just paint the tips for easier removal.
Maybelline Color Show Brocades are limited edition so get in quick! Available at Maybelline stockists until March at RRP : $ 5.95 – cheap as chips!
3. Essie Colors Of Couture Collection
For the ladies who prefer work-friendly, subdued and chic shades, this Essie collection is made for you!
- Blanc : white
- Ballet Slippers : pale baby soft pink
- Ladylike : mauve
- Sand Tropez : grey-beige = greige
- Master Plan : grey
- Smokin’ Hot : smokey plum
All of these applied like a dream with two coats to achieve full opacity. I am genuinely surprised that I cannot pick out a favourite because I freakin’ love them all!!! Yup, all of them! Well played Essie, well played!
Even my baby girl loves them too!
Essie Colors Of Couture Collection will be in store at Priceline and selected pharmacies from March to April at RRP : $16.95
4. Avon Nail Art Design Strips
Nail polishes aside, there’s these nail art strips (nail wraps / stickers) from Avon. Now, I must confess that I have a love-hate relationship with nail wraps. I love that when applied correctly with an awesome nail art design, it has the WOW factor without paying salon prices. You also don’t have to wait for your nails to dry. But I hate that it is rather fiddly and takes a while (there’s a lot of nail filing) for a nail wrap noob like me to apply.
Avon Nail Art Design Strips are available to purchase now for RRP $12.99 – go seek out your nearest Avon lady!
5. Maybelline NY Express Remover
Where have you been all my life??!!!
Removing nail polish has never been so easy! I just dip my fingernail into that “magic” hole, do a finger jiggle dance, pull my finger out and voila – nail polish gone! It worked like a breeze with up to 3 coats of nail polish!!! Although it floundered with glitter nail polish and left some chunky glitter residue, I still think Maybelline Express Remover is the bees knees! I have no idea how long this baby will last so I cannot comment on the longevity of it, but for the time poor, nail painting ladies, this is a must-have!!!
Maybelline NY Express Remover is available now at Maybelline stockists at RRP $9.95
As always, thanks for reading! Which one of these new nail releases tickle your fancy?