As you all may know by now, I basically love all products which contain SPF because it protects against the damaging effects of the sun. Well, guess what? I have found an SPF product that I dislike!!! It is Clinique Youth Surge SPF 15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer.
Leveraging Sirtuin technology, Clinique science uses youth-extending agents to create a daily moisturizer with visible effects. Lines and wrinkles seem to evaporate, replaced by plump, vibrant skin alive with collagen and elastin. Skin gains strength over environmental agers. Looks younger, longer.
You may be wondering why I got this Clinique moisturizer if I disliked it. Well, I was at the Clinique counter in Myer and I told the Clinique lady my main concerns about my skin – dry, sensitive, fine lines and sun-induced freckles. She highly recommended Clinique Youth Surge so I went with her professional advice.
- The main reason why I dislike this is because when I put it on, my Husband refuses to kiss me because it smells so badly! In fact, he has renamed Clinique Youth Surge Age Decelerating Moisturizer as “The Cockroach Cream”! Don’t have any idea why! Have you smelt a cockroach before? Me neither! Or maybe because it smells so bad that it would repel cockroaches! LOL! But yes, there is a strange smell…
- Secondly, the texture is chalky. If not rubbed in properly, it forms a chalky lumpy residue. Not good!
- My skin didn’t really feel that moisturised after application.
- Anyway, it took me aaaaaaaages to finish up this jar because I didn’t like it and I HAD to finish it up because Clinique moisturizers are not cheap!
- The good thing about it is that it contains SPF and Clinique does awesome GWP’s!
Clinique Youth Surge SPF 15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer does not appeal to me nor the Husband. You have been warned. Unfortunately, it didn’t do anything for me so I had to give it a rating of 3 out of 10 from The Best Beauty Blog – but then again, we all have different skin types and nostrils so test it out yourself.