This is my Louis courtesy of my Mum when I turned a ripe 28 years of age.
It is looking rather pathetic because I just removed it from its dust bag where it was all bent and shrivelled for a quick photoshoot. All Louis Vuitton fans will know that it is a Tivoli GM. My Mum purchased this for me when she was on a wee trip to Germany and when she gave it to me, I was like, “WTF? I HATE LV bags!” Such an ungrateful cow, I know!
I have never ever liked Louis Vuitton handbags because :-
1. The LV monogram all over the bag is, in MY opinion, so show-offy. When I carry it, I feel like I adopt the attitude of a snob with “Look at me, I’m carrying LV so I am precious and you are beneath me!” – I like subtlety and prefer not to be a walking advert for LV, thank you very much. (Sorry if I am upsetting any LV fans here, but this is just how I feel about LV and do not think that you are a show-off!)
2. It’s brown. My least favourite colour. Brown makes me look like an old lady.
Saying that, you may be surprised to know that Louis is my first and most likely, last designer handbag I will ever own. The reasons for this are :-
1. I am not a millionaire. I would prefer to spend my hard-earned money on a new camera (e.g. Olympus Pen) or a new gadget toy (e.g. iPad Mini) – just call me Gadget Geek Girl! Once upon a time, I nearly owned a Chanel but I ended up with this bag instead.
2. I don’t wear expensive or trendy clothing and a designer handbag just looks wrong on me. It’s like those girls you see who wear el cheapo clothing and carry a designer bag – you automatically assume that the bag is fake! Yes, you do!!!
3. I am a walking disaster and I will most likely lose or damage the bag. For example, my Mum bought me a pretty Cath Kidston bag for Christmas and I have already um, soiled it…left a nectarine in there and it went mouldy! *hangs head in shame*
Anyway, I have only taken Louis out for maybe 5 outings in the past 4.5 years I have had it. I have NEVER taken it out in Australia before. And it is actually really heavy to lug around with my chronic back pain.
But I am going to try. I am going to try and show some love to Louis and make it worth my Mum’s hard-earned money and get better cost-per-wear out of it 🙂
Would you be interested in reading about “The Adventures of Ling & Louis” – I just hope that I will fall in love with Louis instead of leaving it in its dust bag for the rest of its life. Let me know in the comments and I’ll take photos along the way.
Do you like Louis Vuitton? Are you a designer handbag gal? Sigh…sometimes I wish I could be chic and glam and ooze designer from all of my orifices, but instead I like my cheap and cute stuff. Maybe I can add cutesy dangly stuff to Louis to cutesify it??