Friday (albeit Friday the 13th!) has finally landed and you should see my big Cheshire cat smile Tomorrow is the first Saturday in 4 weeks that I have not been rostered on to work so I can have a normal weekend off like everyone else – YAY!! Work talk aside, here’s to a brand new Fab Five Friday post featuring Rimmel London, Violet Box, Elegant Touch, Avon and Glasshouse Fragrances…
1. Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquers – FAB POUTS AHOY!
Rimmel London Apocalips have taken the beauty lippy world by storm…and rightly so! They are super pigmented, extra-long lasting, satin finish lip stains with 8 different shades available in good old Australia. Personally, I am a big fan of full-on powerful pouts so naturally, I gravitated towards the brighter in-yer-face shades like Stellar, Apocaliptic and Nova – to tone them down, just blot a few times to sheer it out slightly. Avoid wearing these if you’re having a dehydrated flaky lip day.
2. Violet Box September 2013 (the third box) – FAB CONTENTS GALORE!
You may remember that I reviewed the fantastic debut Violet Box a couple of months ago…and then came the second box which was slightly underwhelming (not reviewed) after the initial success. Well, Violet Box have TOTALLY WOWED me with their third box. The contents were amazing :-
- ghd Style Heat Protection Spray (full size) – This is already a product I use and love! I have used this heat protectant spray since I got my first set of ghd’s in 2005 (FYI, I am onto my 4th set of ghd’s now) although back then, the scent of the spray was different.
- Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Shadow/Liner and Lip Blush – Jelly Pong Pong is a brand I have always wanted to try so it’s great that there are 2 full-sized products in this box.
- Dr Bragi Age Management Moisturiser – This is a serum, moisturiser and eye cream in one!!! Definitely intrigued to try this for sure!
- Sachet sample of Goldwell DualSenses Rich Repaire Shampoo & Conditioner – Perfect for a weekend trip away somewhere (hint hint to the Husband!)
3. Little Mix by Elegant Touch Nail Wraps – FAB NAIL ART!
If you don’t have the money to get your nails done or if you don’t possess any nail art skills, don’t worry because Little Mix have you covered with their funky and cool Nail Wraps. They are like nail art stickers which wrap round your own nails and relatively easy to use. And if your nails are short and stubby, they have Press On Nails too but I find them too fiddly myself.
Who are Little Mix? They’re the British girl band who are the first group to win UK X Factor. I only know one song of theirs which is “Change Your Life” because some Aussie TV show used it as their theme tune or something and it stuck in my head for a LONG time!
4. Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Liquid Foundation – FAB PUMP!
Even though my face is currently peppered with pregnancy pigmentation galore, I refuse to use heavy full-on foundation, especially with the warmer weather in Spring. I just like my skin to breathe so I prefer a lightweight au naturale finish when I use foundation…enter Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Liquid Foundation in Natural Beige. I’ve been using this for the last couple of weeks – mainly because the shade match is PERFECT – and I have grown to like it a lot because it blends so easily even if I just use my fingers to apply it. It reminds me of Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation but I much prefer Avon’s offering because it HAS A PUMP.
5. Glasshouse Fragrances Montego Bay Coconut & Lime Triple Scented Candle – FAB NEW CANDLE OBSESSION!
Last but not least… Finally, I have come to appreciate candles and it’s all because of this super duper cute Glasshouse Fragrances miniature candle which was a lovely birthday gift from a girlfriend named Minda. The lime packaging and the reuseable glass jar is just decadent and the scent is divine! OMG I browsed through their website and no surprises, but I want them ALL!!! They will just look so pretty sprinkled around my house. I don’t think I want to light the candle though because it would just ruin its aesthetics. Or maybe I should because the scent is delicious…?
Have you tried any of the products I featured today?
*All products featured were kindly gifted by brands or friends (thanks everyone, feel so blessed!), but all opinions are my own, as per usual
So…how many more hours left till the weekend starts?? Enjoy it lovelies and I shall try and keep up my Monday, Wednesday and Friday posts for next week *mwah*