The Australian make-up brand FACE OF AUSTRALIA sent The Best Beauty Blog a number of products for review and amongst the items were 3 different types of foundations – FOA Mineral Therapy Liquid Foundation, FOA Stick Foundation and FOA Mineral Therapy Foundation.
Here are the shades and swatches of the FOA foundations I was sent :
The closest shade match to my face was from the Stick Foundation in Outback Beige.
Regardless of shade match, I still tested out all 3 of the foundations and here are my thoughts on them.
FACE OF AUSTRALIA Mineral Therapy Liquid Foundation
FACE OF AUSTRALIA Mineral Therapy Liquid Foundation is fragrance-free and formulated with pure light reflecting minerals. Contains Vitamins C & E which help to reduce the visible signs of premature skin ageing. Vitamin C is a documented collagen stimulant, helping skin appear brightener. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects skin from free radical damage. Conditions, nourishes and protects. Jojoba for skin protection and balancing its natural oil levels to avoid dryness or shine. Won’t clog pores or irritate skin, evens skin tone and soothes problem skin. FACE OF AUSTRALIA Mineral Therapy Liquid Foundation is perfect for the most sensitive skin, providing a flawless light-weight finish.
- Hygienic squeezy plastic bottle – easy to control how much product to squeeze out
- I apply it with a foundation brush or sponge and sometimes, use my fingers
- This liquid foundation provides light to medium coverage and does a great job to even out my uneven skin tone
- My skin is quite dry sometimes so I have flaky skin on my forehead. Unfortunately, applying this liquid foundation on top of my dry flaky skin highlighted the problem.
- Nevertheless, this performed well around other areas of my face
- The shade was slightly too white so I need to go one shade darker from Beige to Honey.
FACE OF AUSTRALIA Stick Foundation
This is now marketed as FOA Anti-Ageing Stick Foundation.
Provides long wearing coverage that is easy to apply and can be used in conjunction with other face products for a buildable application. Contains SPF15 sunscreen and added vitamins and moisturisers to protect and nourish the skin. FACE OF AUSTRALIA Anti-Ageing Stick Foundation is perfect for touch-ups when you are on the go.
- This is my first time using stick-based foundation and I was mightily impressed – it was my favourite out of the 3 foundations featured here
- Provides medium to heavy coverage – but didn’t feel heavy or cakey
- Can double up and use it as concealer
- Love the fact that it contains SPF
- I felt this was extremely moisturising on my dry skin
- There is a soapy smell which I can accept – but if given the choice, I would prefer a different smell or no smell
- Can get a bit messy around the tube
- I warm up the foundation by rubbing some on the back of my hand before applying it with a make-up sponge
FACE OF AUSTRALIA Mineral Therapy Foundation
FACE OF AUSTRALIA Mineral Therapy Foundation is oil-free, fragrance-free and talc-free. Perfect for natural, buildable coverage with a flawless, semi-matte finish. Contains Organic Green Tea Extract, which is a potent anti-inflammatory agent. Vitamins C & E helps to reduce the visible signs of premature skin ageing. Vitamin C is a documented collagen stimulant, helping skin appear brightener. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects skin from free radical damage and conditions, nourishes and protects.
- Provides a sheer and shimmery light coverage
- Handbag-friendly so it’s useful for touch-ups
- The in-built brush is handy but it’s a bit scratchy
- Didn’t find it nourishing as advertised – but a moisturising primer resolved that
For more information on products, please visit the FACE OF AUSTRALIA website.