Costco. If you haven’t been to Costco before, you are surely missing out. Costco opened up in my hometown of Glasgow yonks ago and it was and still is, one of my Mum’s favourite places to shop. And guess what? I am turning into my Mum because it is also one of my favourite places to shop now that Costco has opened up in Melbourne. I love Costco’s freshly baked croissants, large packs of salmon, Skippy Peanut Butter and I really miss the baked potatoes because they don’t sell that here in Melbourne. Damn them!!!!!! Anyway, this isn’t a food blog so let me get onto the beauty bit of today’s blog. During one of our Costco visits, I came upon Kirkland Signature 10 Piece Deluxe Brush Collection with Designer Bag for the bargainous price of $20 AUD and in a flash, it hopped onto my trolley and came home with me.
The 10 brushes are :-
- Powder : Big and fluffy but not soft enough for my liking
- Finishing : Good for stippling
- Foundation Concealer : LOVE this as it is dense but soft and buffs well
- Cheek : 2nd favourite and great for contouring
- Crease Eye : I like to use this on fake crease (I have Asian eyes with no crease – boohoo!)
- Angled Eye : Not used very often so cannot comment
- All Over Eye : Great for eye shadow in powder form
- Liner : I’ve been using this a lot to line my waterline with black matte shadow
- Highlighting : Haven’t had the need to use this at all
- Contour Kabuki : Lovely and soft
Here is my review of Kirkland Signature 10 Piece Deluxe Brush Collection with Designer Bag in the Get or Forget format…
Get Kirkland Signature 10 Piece Deluxe Brush Collection with Designer Bag if :-
- You cannot be bothered washing your make-up brushes (hello, that’s me!)
- You’re not a make-up brush snob because the handles are plastered with Kirkland Signature logo which is a tad tacky
- A foundation brush is what you are after. This is the star in the collection. Star!!!
Forget Kirkland Signature 10 Piece Deluxe Brush Collection with Designer Bag if :-
- You have an ultra-sensitive face because some of the brushes are scratchy!!
- You like tapered handles on make-up brushes. The handles here aren’t tapered and can make application a tad more difficult.
- You think you’re getting a “DESIGNER BAG” – it aint designer, I tell ya! That’s false advertising!!!
My expectations for Kirkland Signature 10 Piece Deluxe Brush Collection with Designer Bag were low and that is why the brushes exceeded my expectations. For $20 AUD, I am not complaining. Don’t worry if you don’t have a Costco near you because you can buy it on Amazon
Are you a Costco fan? Have you tried these make-up brushes? And do you love Skippy Peanut Butter too?