A few weeks ago, ELES sent me the featured products for their Barefaced Beauty Autumn Look for 2013. I like a good challenge so I went about recreating the look. Please forgive my cheesy non-modelesque pose…I ended up doing the Gangnam Style finalé chin pose but let’s pretend I am procrastinating or stroking my beard or something 😛
So here is what the gorgeous model looked like and the featured ELES products…
I followed the tutorial provided by ELES and added in a few extra steps :-
1. Start with applying ELES Retexturising Face Primer
- I didn’t receive that so I used Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer
2. Apply ELES Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation in Tender Beige onto face and blend to achieve a flawless coverage.
- Luckily, this shade suited my NC-30 skin perfectly. The coverage was light but that’s the way I like it. In the extreme close-up pic (which you will see later), you can still see my freckles peeking through.
3. Apply ELES Mineral Matte Blush in Adobe to the apples of the cheeks.
- Don’t have this blush shade in my collection so I was super happy.
4. Highlight contours with ELES Mineral Sheer Veil in Apricot
- ZOMG! This was my FAVOURITE product of them all. It just made my skin glow when I applied some on top of my cheekbones and opened up my eyes when I put some on my brow bone. I also used it to highlight the bridge of my nose. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
5. With ELES Mineral Matte Eye Shadows, apply Antique White over the entire lid and use Terra Peach to blend past your crease.
- The eyeshadows weren’t strongly pigmented against my yellow-based Asian skin but I liked the subtlety.
6. Use ELES Powderliner Pencil in Chocolate to line eyes.
- I really liked the smoky brown effect as it was much softer than using black eyeliner
7. Apply two coats of ELES Lush Mascara in Black.
- I tried. It’s not the mascara’s fault, but my short and stubby Asian lashes were non-existent so I had to resort to Katy Perry Oh Honey! Eylure False Lashes.
8. Comb brows and define them using ELES Browblender Pencil in Blonde.
- Impressive brow pencil if I say so myself 😉
9. Finish the look with ELES Super Gloss in Super Nectar.
- A sticky lip gloss which didn’t stand out for me. Sorry.
10. So I stood back and snapped some pics only to recoil in horror as ONE VITAL BEAUTY PRODUCT was missing for me…. CONCEALER!!!
- Brought out my new favourite undereye concealer Benefit Fake Up and managed to mask some of my dark circles.
Here is an EXTREME CLOSE-UP of the Barefaced Beauty Make-Up Look.
Please note 2 things :-
1. That blue-black mark on my left eyebrow is a scar from a car accident. It is NOT a make-up faux pas.
2. I have not used any air-brushing nor Photoshopping, because I don’t even know how to do that and mainly because, I don’t care. Look at my pores, look at my freckles, look at my zit! It’s ALL ME 😛
I did, however, attempt to colour correct the photos as I don’t have a professional photographer nor any fancy lighting equipment to take these photos. It was just me, the camera, remote and tripod. (psst – if you have any tips for lighting for self-portraits, please let me know. Thanks in advance!)
Well, I had a lot of fun doing this Barefaced Beauty Make-Up Look using ELES cosmetics. Have you tried ELES cosmetics before?
The Wee Print
Disclosure : ELES sent me the products featured in this post. I received no payment nor am I affiliated with ELES.