I would like to begin this post by saying 3 things about Illamasqua :-
1. Illamasqua, we salute you!!!!! Thank you for your recent campaign to fight for a fair beauty price in Australia! You have led the way by forever reducing your prices and word on the street is that other premium beauty brands are following suit. Woop woop!
2. In case you didn’t know, Illamasqua are a British beauty brand and I, myself, am a British born Asian – so basically, us Brits are awesome! Woop woop!
3. Hello Generation Q!!! You had us at Hello!!
Generation Q is the newest collection from Illamasqua and I love what it represents. I quote…
“Generation Q is a celebration of individual self-expression. Ageless, and without limits or restrictions. It’s our declaration to the world that beauty is inclusive, not exclusive. In fact, Generation Q is a clear message to everybody, everywhere that beauty is not young, old, black, white, male or female, but anything, everything and everyone.”
I spent the entire weekend drooling over the Illamasqua Empower Palette, the newest addition to my (small but ever-growing) Illamasqua collection. Housed in the classic Illamasqua palette case are 4 shades which complement each other to create empowering looks (see what I did there :P)
Here is a breakdown of the shades with swatches in natural daylight on my NC-30 arm.
- Blink is a matte cappuccino brown beige
- Synth is a shimmery pale pink-lilac
- Fervent is a reddish brown with green microshimmer
- Slick is a charcoal metallic shade and it is extra special because it isn’t a Powder Eye Shadow like the rest, but a Liquid Metal (a cream eye shadow)
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Blink and Fervent can be used for everyday neutral make-up with Synth as a highlighter and at night, you can vamp it up with more Fervent and addition of Slick! I love it! Illamasqua, you have done it again with Empower – another winning palette!
I am also eyeing up other items in the Generation Q collection and the newest item on my never-ending wishlist is Underworld, an iridescent blueberry violet lipstick. Oooh, it looks divine!!! Anyway, if you want to see one of the hottest red lipsticks ever, head on over to Lip Stalker where I am reviewing Box today.
What’s it called again? Illamasqua Empower Palette
How much is it? RRP : $53 AUD
Where can I buy it? On Illamasqua counters in selected Myer stores
Sell it to me in 5 words Everything Illamasqua / British is awesome!
Have you bought anything from Illamasqua before? Now is the perfect time as prices are reduced and fair in Australia! YAY!!!
Subscribe | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | BlogLovin | Pinterest | Lip Stalker
Illamasqua Empower Palette is a PR sample in accordance with The Best Beauty Blog’s Disclosure Policy.