My recent interest in nail art is all thanks to a cow! Anyway, today I am excited to bring you another easy nail art tutorial – Newspaper Print. How totally awesomely cool is this? I wish I could credit myself for this pretty print but it wasn’t me and the internet is flooded with it. Basically, if I can do it, you can do it too. I’ve broken it down in 4 easy steps so let’s get to it…
What You Will Need
1. Base coat and top coat (optional, but recommended to protects nails and make polish last longer)
2. Light coloured nail polish (if you choose something too dark, the newspaper print will not show up as well) – I used a pale pink shade – OPI Step Right Up! from the Femme De Cirque collection which was sent by PR for review
3. Vodka in a spoon – not for you to drink, but to drown your nail in it
4. Snippets of newspaper in similar sizes to your fingernails
5. Nail polish remover and cotton pads
Newspaper Print Nail Art Tutorial – 4 Easy Steps
Step 1 : After base coat, apply your nail shade of choice and wait till it is completely dry before moving on.
Step 2 : Drown your nail in the vodka. That’s right, get it drunk!
Step 3 : While the nail is still wet, wrap the snippet of newspaper tightly around nail and press it till the newspaper is soaked through.
Step 4 : Remove wet newspaper clipping and admire. Use the nail polish remover to remove any print outside your nails. Apply top coat and you’re done!
Easy Newspaper Nails to impress your family and friends!! It’ll only take around 15 minutes. What do you think?
[Edit : BTW, Ponikuta came up with a great idea to use Japanese newspaper print instead!! Love that idea! Think I’m gonna have to try that one day!!]