Newspaper Print Nail Art Tutorial

newspaper print nail art tutorial

My recent interest in nail art is all thanks to a cow!  Anyway, today I am excited to bring you another easy nail art tutorial – Newspaper Print.  How totally awesomely cool is this?  I wish I could credit myself for this pretty print but it wasn’t me and the internet is flooded with it.  Basically, if I can do it, you can do it too.  I’ve broken it down in 4 easy steps so let’s get to it…

What You Will Need

1.  Base coat and top coat (optional, but recommended to protects nails and make polish last longer)
2. Light coloured nail polish (if you choose something too dark, the newspaper print will not show up as well) – I used a pale pink shade – OPI Step Right Up! from the Femme De Cirque collection which was sent by PR for review
3.  Vodka in a spoon – not for you to drink, but to drown your nail in it
4.  Snippets of newspaper in similar sizes to your fingernails
5.  Nail polish remover and cotton pads

Newspaper Print Nail Art Tutorial – 4 Easy Steps

newspaper nails, newspaper nail art, cute nail art

Step 1
:  After base coat, apply your nail shade of choice and wait till it is completely dry before moving on.
Step 2 :  Drown your nail in the vodka.  That’s right, get it drunk!
Step 3 :  While the nail is still wet, wrap the snippet of newspaper tightly around nail and press it till the newspaper is soaked through.
Step 4 :  Remove wet newspaper clipping and admire.  Use the nail polish remover to remove any print outside your nails.  Apply top coat and you’re done!

Easy Newspaper Nails to impress your family and friends!!  It’ll only take around 15 minutes.  What do you think?

[Edit : BTW, Ponikuta came up with a great idea to use Japanese newspaper print instead!!  Love that idea!  Think I’m gonna have to try that one day!!]

41 Comments on Newspaper Print Nail Art Tutorial

1. Sukie
    28/08/2011 at 12:33 pm (3 years ago)

Hello! It looks really pretty =) and easy enough for clumsy people like me to follow =p thank you for sharing! =)

• Ling Tung
      28/08/2011 at 12:40 pm (3 years ago)

@Sukie, Yes, Sukie – you must try it! Hello? If I can do it, ANYONE can do it!!! :D

• Sukie
        28/08/2011 at 12:43 pm (3 years ago)

Lol Ling, I’m one clumsy oaf so I’m keeping my fingers crossed in hopes of being able to do this!! :D Happy Sunday by the way! =)

• Ling Tung
          28/08/2011 at 12:48 pm (3 years ago)

@Sukie, *high five* to us, clumsy oafs :D and yay, it is indeed a happy sunny Sunday in Melbourne – same back ;)

2. Lilpil
    28/08/2011 at 1:03 pm (3 years ago)

very pretty. LIKE!

3. Sarah Kretchmer
    28/08/2011 at 1:07 pm (3 years ago)

Wow. That is so effective yet seems relatively simple. I love the idea of using a Japanese newspaper. We have 2 Japanese grocery stores at the end of our street so might have to go on a sourcing mission!

• Ling Tung
      28/08/2011 at 1:20 pm (3 years ago)

@Sarah Kretchmer, Oooh, I wanna see piccies if you manage to get Japanese newspaper nails! Would look so much cooler!

4. Haute Style
    28/08/2011 at 2:23 pm (3 years ago)

Looks fantastic! Well done Ling!!

5. Michelle
    28/08/2011 at 3:45 pm (3 years ago)

:O this is such a cool concept! ^^ going to try this for tomorrow :D

• Ling Tung
      28/08/2011 at 5:07 pm (3 years ago)

@Michelle, Cool, it’s easy as ABC! I wanna see piccies :D

6. Lishylicious
    28/08/2011 at 5:10 pm (3 years ago)

Ingenious! And afterwards you can get drunk and party too!
    The baby vodka bottle is super cute!!! ♥

• Ling Tung
      28/08/2011 at 9:42 pm (3 years ago)

@Lishylicious, Yes absolutely! Party on!! LOL. I totally adore baby bottles of alcohol too – they are so adorable!!

7. Sedna
    28/08/2011 at 6:30 pm (3 years ago)

Wow, now I’m in the mood to try this again :D Maybe you won’t beleive it, but I actually managed to mess up this design the first (and until now last) time I tried ^^;;; (I’m the queen of clumsiness, so it seems x))

When I saw the first tutorial and got all excited, my first thought was also the use of a Japanese newspaper :D (It was kind of expected, I’m a Japanese major at the university XD) But it’s not easy at all to get my hands on anything like that here in Hungary :(

Thank you for the tutorial, I might try it again soon ^^

• Ling Tung
      28/08/2011 at 9:44 pm (3 years ago)

@Sedna, Oh really? No way! I thought I was clumsy :P And cool, you majored in Japanese?? I’d love to learn the language but looks so difficult :S

• Sedna
        28/08/2011 at 9:52 pm (3 years ago)

@Ling Tung, I’m only starting my second year this September, so I’m not a Japanese-genius yet XD But strangely enough the language itself is downright easy, there are just some minor difficulties in the grammar… the hard part is the writing system ^^;

So rest assured, there ARE some ladies out there who are clumsier than you :D :D But I’ll definitely try this design again soon, following every step of your tutorial, and maybe I’ll be able to get it right this time ^^

• Ling Tung
          28/08/2011 at 10:00 pm (3 years ago)

@Sedna, I’d LOVE to visit Japan one day. I love the food and the kawaii goodies!!

And ooh, if you do try the design again, make sure to let me know and show me piccies :D I think I’ll try it again too because this was my first attempt and it was a bit smudgey and messy…

8. Emma
    28/08/2011 at 10:10 pm (3 years ago)

I LOVE this idea, I will most definitly be trying this after work, so simple but looks amazing! I’m all for easy to do nails!

xx

• Ling Tung
      28/08/2011 at 11:42 pm (3 years ago)

@Emma, I can only do simple and easy nails so I was really pleased that this newspaper print looks great but is so easy to do!!! Have fun with it!! And if you do it, I hope you blog about it because I want to see too :D

• Emma
        29/08/2011 at 1:45 am (3 years ago)

@Ling Tung, I have joined your blog now and I have also sent you an email :)

x

• Ling Tung
          29/08/2011 at 2:52 am (3 years ago)

@Emma, Wowweeee, an email? COOL!!! Thanks

9. Jolene
    29/08/2011 at 12:03 am (3 years ago)

I came over to check out your blog from Peh Sun’s recommendation. This is the first time I’ve ever seen or heard of newspaper print nail art and it’s so easy to do! Thank you for sharing with us. I’ll definitely pop by your blog more often!

• Ling Tung
      29/08/2011 at 12:42 am (3 years ago)

@Jolene, Oh wow, really? COOL! I love Peh Sun’s blog! I want all her Chanel goodies!! And thanks for popping by :D

• Jolene
        29/08/2011 at 1:25 am (3 years ago)

@Ling Tung,

Ling,

Haha! Woo… 100th! That calls for champagne popping. It has been stagnated at 99 for quite some time. lol. Thanx babe for making it the 100th. As per so many bloggers’ tradition, I think I’ll hold a giveaway soon.

PS: I realised you’ve got a few blogs and didn’t quite know which to follow. I guess I would stick to this link here.

I’ll be checking out your personal blog soon!

• Ling Tung
          29/08/2011 at 2:52 am (3 years ago)

@Jolene, Champagne popping!!! Woop woop!

And yeah, it’s true – I blog too much LOL, but this is where I blog most of the time these days :D

10. Nicole
    29/08/2011 at 2:08 am (3 years ago)

Wow, that’s a great idea!

Kisses from Hong Kong,
    Nicole

• Ling Tung
      29/08/2011 at 2:52 am (3 years ago)

@Nicole, Thanks for the kind comment :D Kisses from Australia :D

11. gio
    29/08/2011 at 6:05 am (3 years ago)

What a great idea! Your nails look lovely,thanks for sharing.

• Ling Tung
      29/08/2011 at 11:12 am (3 years ago)

@gio, :D Thanks lovely…it is a great idea and whoever thought of it gets my two enthusiastic thumbs-up too ;)

12. Stacey
    29/08/2011 at 11:12 am (3 years ago)

Thanks for the easy 4 step breakdown! It seems surprisingly simple, which is great because I sometimes get really lazy with me nails =P

• Ling Tung
      29/08/2011 at 2:18 pm (3 years ago)

@Stacey, I was surprised at how simple it was too. I get lazy too, but nail art is pretty fun ;)

13. Miss Bias
    29/08/2011 at 4:06 pm (3 years ago)

That is so awesome. Absolutely fabulous tutorial. I’ve tweeted this blog post.

Miss Bias

14. Su
    11/09/2011 at 7:44 pm (3 years ago)

OMG, stunning! Love it :) I’m going to try and do it myself though I might just spray some perfume instead of soaking in vodka haha. It will be on fake nails. My real nails aren’t as awesome as yours :)

• Ling Tung
      11/09/2011 at 8:23 pm (3 years ago)

@Su, <3 thank you! And lol, good idea to use perfume! You will have good-looking and good-smelling nails :D

(P.S. my nails aren't that awesome – they snap off all the time *cries*)

15. kanishka
    17/02/2014 at 7:43 pm (9 months ago)

wow
    can we not anything else instead of vodka

16. Jamila`
    28/04/2014 at 11:04 pm (7 months ago)

Amazing!!
    Is there any substitute for vodka??