Revlon Lip Butters Have Finally Arrived In Australia!

Revlon Lip Butter in Australia

Do you live in Australia?  Have you been lusting over Revlon Lip Butters after I blogged about Pink Truffle and Macaroon in January?  Do you want to see what all the hype is about?  Well, you can finally get your hands on all the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters you want as April marks their launch here!

There are 20 shades to choose from :-

• Cherry Tart
  • Lollipop (swatch)
  • Strawberry Shortcake
  • Sugar Plum
  • Sweet Tart (swatch)
  • Crème Brulee
Awww!  I don’t see Macaroon on the list!  I am so glad I bought that in Hong Kong!

The Australian RRP for these babies are…wait for it… $21.95!!  Did someone say “Ouch?”

Revlon Lip Butters in Australia Priceline

I was sent 5 Revlon Lip Butters to review and swatch : Cotton Candy, Lollipop, Sweet Tart, Tutti Frutti and Peach Parfait.  The swatches are here and I have previously shared my thoughts on them before – here and here.

If you can’t be bothered reading through my lengthy review, I’ll give you a quickie right now.

Likes :  Pretty packaging even though I didn’t fancy them at first, lots of colours to choose from, faint vanilla scent but no chemical taste, doesn’t bleed, fades beautifully, not sticky

Dislikes : Not that hydrating even though it is packed with mango, shea and coconut butter, must prime lips beforehand, squelches onto sides of tube after a few uses

I will say that I didn’t particularly love Revlon Lip Butters at first.  I was confused with the lipstick and tinted lip balm hybrid…but they have grown on me, especially Pink Truffle.  And now that I have more colours to play with, I can’t wait.

Anyway, are you going to check out Revlon Lip Butters?  Word on Tweet Street is that they have been popping up in Priceline here and there.  And I’ll edit my photos of the swatches of the Revlon Lip Butters and have them up in the next few hours.  Gotta eat my dinner first.

UPDATE :  Swatches are ready.  Check out my Revlon Lip Butter Swatches

21 Comments on Revlon Lip Butters Have Finally Arrived In Australia!

1. Sue
    01/04/2012 at 8:43 pm (3 years ago)

Wheeee how exciting :) I have 10 that I bought off eBay including all of the ones that you were sent to swatch. I love them to bits, always have one in my bag! My favourites of the ones I have are Berry Smoothie and Sweet Tart but I do love them all. But yeah they aren’t as hydrating as I’d like them to be, and the smooshing on the tubes is kinda annoying!

• Ling
      01/04/2012 at 11:50 pm (3 years ago)

@Sue, You bought 10? Wow!! They have been out forever but Australia took ages to get them here so no wonder you went on ebay!

• Sue
        02/04/2012 at 1:23 am (3 years ago)

@Ling, haha yup, can you tell I was a little eager for them? LOL. I got them for around $11 each incl shipping so still much more reasonably priced than $22 here!!!

• Ling
          02/04/2012 at 10:49 am (3 years ago)

@Sue, You got them at half the Aussie price! Good on you!

P.S. I am tempted to get the Maybelline Color Tattoos on ebay – I wonder when they will get released in Australia…it takes forever!

• Sue
            02/04/2012 at 5:37 pm (3 years ago)

@Ling, Oooh yes I’m so keen for the Colour Tattoos!! Everything is always so overpriced when it does eventually come to Australia :(

• Ling
              02/04/2012 at 9:29 pm (3 years ago)

@Sue, Ah, so unfair!!! And yes, want, want, want! Think I’ll do some ebay-ing tonight :)

• Sue
                02/04/2012 at 10:12 pm (3 years ago)

@Ling, I blame you haha I totally went on eBay after writing that comment and bought the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough As Taupe..!!! Pretty proud I resisted. The other colours look too bright for me since I’m not a frequent eyeshadow user, but I’m so excited to receive Tough As Taupe!

• Ling
                  02/04/2012 at 11:01 pm (3 years ago)

@Sue, Ahhhh!! You didn’t!!! Okay, let me go and buy something BAHAHAHA!!

• Chandelle
            05/04/2012 at 9:27 am (3 years ago)

I got the Colour Tattoo off ebay, I bought the set they are fantastic.

Sue which seller did you go through to purchase the lip butters?

• Sue
              05/04/2012 at 10:58 pm (3 years ago)

@Chandelle, I purchased the lip butters from http://myworld . ebay. com. au/kawaii_style/ Not sure if they are still available, but they sell them in sets of 5 – nude set, bright set etc :)

• Chandelle
                06/04/2012 at 12:20 am (3 years ago)

@Sue, t
                Thanks Sue :)

• Ling
                  10/04/2012 at 2:10 pm (3 years ago)

@Chandelle, Let’s all rush to buy some :))))

2. Rachel
    01/04/2012 at 9:36 pm (3 years ago)

Wow! Surprised they werent more hydrating. Thanks for the review, I’ve always been curious then.

• Ling
      01/04/2012 at 11:51 pm (3 years ago)

@Rachel, Not for my lips, they weren’t. But some people rave about them being hydrating though.

3. Rachel
    02/04/2012 at 1:15 am (3 years ago)

Yea sometimes products work differently on different ppl. I’m thinking I may have a similar result to you though bc my lips get so chapped – I think I bite them at night (creepy & gross lol), while I sleep. Might still try outta curiosity.

• Ling
      02/04/2012 at 10:49 am (3 years ago)

@Rachel, Oh really? Never heard of biting at night while sleeping – are you hungry? Just kidding!!! :P I grind my teeth at night which is soooooo annoying!!!

I also chew my lips constantly throughout the day which is a bad habit.

4. Monika
    10/04/2012 at 1:05 pm (3 years ago)

I love mine! Got my hands on Sugar Frosting, Candy Apple and Sugar Plum as a birthday present 2 weeks ago. I don’t need to apply my lip balm before I wear lipstick anymore! LOVE!!

• Ling
      10/04/2012 at 2:24 pm (3 years ago)

@Monika, Yay!!! Happy birthday Monika :)))

5. Citygirl907
    18/06/2012 at 2:30 pm (2 years ago)

They are 30% off at Priceline at the moment :)
    Just thought I would let you all know because who doesn’t love a sale!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Revlon Lip Butters Have Finally Arrived In Australia!

1. […] Revlon Lip Butters Have Finally Arrived In Australia! Revlon Lip Butter SwatchesBy Ling On April 1, 2012 · Leave a Comment · In Lips, Make-Up Australia warmly welcomes Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters!  It’s priced at RRP $21.95 and has been doing its thing in my favourite Australian drugstore, Priceline.  For the list of shades and my personal thoughts on these babies, please refer to my previous post because this post is picture-heavy with swatches galore. Before I show you all the Revlon Lip Butter swatches of Cotton Candy, Lollipop, Sweet Tart, Tutti Frutti and Peach Parfait, I want to say 3 things :-1.  Just to repeat and shamelessly plug myself again and again, here are the swatches of Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle and Macaroon.2.  I had a Sunday nap (I’m getting old!!) and when I woke up, it was already too dark to swatch these in natural daylight so I tried to get the best lighting with artificial light.  Sorry.3.   My sister, T, saw me in my camera set-up and said, “Oh, they look pretty!  What are they?”  I said, “Revlon Lip Butters“.  And she said, “Oh…um…before you take photos, can you shave off your beard because the last time you took photos of your lips, I saw your beard and it’s DISGUSTING!”  I giggled and then looked in the mirror and saw lots of facial hair…but instead of removing it, like a dutiful beauty blogger, I squeezed a whitehead next to my lips!  Anyway, I humbly apologise for ruining your eyeballs by including my facial hair in these extreme close-ups of Revlon Lip Butter swatches.  Feel free to click away if it sounds repulsive…but if you’re keen to read on, just focus on the beautiful colours of the Revlon Lip Butters.Revlon Lip Butters : Arm SwatchesThis is my yellow-toned Chinese forearm with swatches of Cotton Candy, Lollipop, Sweet Tart, Tutti Frutti and Peach Parfait from left to right.  That is one sexy forearm!Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter : Cotton CandyRevlon Lip Butter in Cotton Candy is a cool-toned pale pink with gold microshimmer.  It’s quite sheer so I had to swipe it 2-3 times to get this uniform colour on my lips.I thought this pale pink would look weird on my yellow NC-30 skin but surprisingly, it looked good.  Perhaps the subtle gold shimmer accentuates my skin colour?Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter : Lollipop I had been lusting after Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop since I first saw it on the beauty blogosphere – it was lust at first sight!  But they didn’t have this shade in Hong Kong at the time of purchase.  There’s something beautiful about the bright fuchsia pink with the iridescent violet shimmer which makes my heart go boom!  And oh boy, it’s a winner!  Lipgasmic!!!  My camera went a bit crazy too and it went a bit wonky over the iridescent shimmer so it wouldn’t stop focussing on my teeth.Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter : Sweet Tart Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart is a super sweet pink.  Very bubblegum-esque.  Looking at the photo, it goes quite well with my teeth.  You know how some pinks make teeth look yellow, well it hasn’t happened with Sweet Tart.  Yay!Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter : Tutti FruttiEw!  I can see my beard!  Anyway, Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti looks bright orange in the bullet but don’t shy away from this colour because it’s a lovely semi-sheer warm orange-peach-coral on the lips.  Ooh, I’m quite excited to have Tutti Frutti in my collection and can’t wait to wear this for a lovely pop of colour on a dull Autumn day in Melbourne. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter : Peach ParfaitI have included two photos of Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait so that you can see the shimmer better.  On my lips, Peach Parfait is a nudey shade with gold shimmer.  The shade is lovely but the texture is slightly grittier which means it dried out my lips faster than the rest.Have a final perv at the Revlon Lip Butters…And that’s a wrap, ladies!!  Walk, don’t run!!  If you pick up any Revlon Lip Butters, let me know which shade you get.  I’ll probably pop along to my local Priceline tomorrow and see if they are out there yet. /**/ Tagged with: Revlon • Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter • Revlon Lip Butters  If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it! Leave a Reply Cancel replyYour email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *Name *Email *WebsiteCommentYou may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> […]