In June this year, the Hubby and I signed the marriage register in Melbourne and we had a small party with family and friends (whereas the big Church wedding was held in August in Scotland). To cut down on costs and save for the bigger wedding, I decided to let my sister do my make-up. She arrived 2 days before the special day and we went shopping for a new foundation as my usual Shu Uemura one was a shade too dark and more suitable for the summer months. We tested a few foundations for shade compatibility and photogenicity (is that a word?) and we settled on Rimmel Lasting Finish Minerals Loose Powder Foundation in shade 100 ivory at RRP $19.95.
A loose powder foundation, with a mineral-enriched formula, that provides the coverage of a fluid foundation and the texture of a loose powder, leaving you with a matte finish that lasts up to 12 hours. The provided kabuki brush ensures a buildable application.
When I went shopping that day, I seriously thought I was going to buy an expensive foundation from a designer brand. I mean, hello, I was kinda getting married. But we both felt that the shade of this loose powder foundation was the closest match.
- I felt that the kabuki brush they provided was too small for my big face, so I used my usual Red Earth kabuki brush instead for application.
- But the small kabuki brush is very handy to put in the handbag for touch-ups during the day.
- The coverage was light and my skin didn’t feel caked with too much foundation.
- Blended in very well with my skin colour
- Skin looked amazing in photos (ahem, complimenting myself here)
- Face started to go less matte after 10 hours and needed a touch-up
- Affordable with fabulous results 9.5 out of 10
In conclusion : Rimmel Lasting Finish Minerals Loose Powder Foundation, you made me look amazing on a very special day!