Shu Uemura Tsuya Skin Youthful Radiance Generator was a recent addition in the Shu skincare range and I was blessed to receive one for review. It looked very promising because :-
1. I love Shu Uemura and it could possibly be my favourite beauty brand in the world and I have yet to find a product I totally dislike.
2. It is Made in Japan. (Not being intentionally prejudiced and all to my ancestors, but skincare products “Made in China” don’t really inspire me to slather it on my face. Don’t look at me like that! 😛 )
3. It’s expensive at RRP $110AUD for 30ml bottle. (I know, I know! Just because it’s expensive, doesn’t mean it’s miraculous…but just indulge me!)
4. Shu Uemura Tsuya Skin range (there is a UV Base Mousse as well) was formulated with a special molecule (it’s too science-y for this blog so we shall not go there!) to reactivate skin’s youth – and we all know that this 30-something old hag (i.e. ME!) needs it BADLY!
Thus with claims that it would take “7 days to porcelain-fine, petal-soft, translucent glowing skin”, I diligently slathered Shu Uemura Tsuya Skin Youthful Radiance Generator all over my face for 4 weeks. Did my skin love it? Did it reactivate my youth? Did it make me look 10 years younger?
In a word, NO. *sad face* I still look like an old hag. But the important thing is – I don’t look like an OLDER hag than I was before I started using this Shu Uemura Tsuya Skin Essence.
You see, I loved almost everything about Shu Uemura Tsuya Skin Youthful Radiance Generator :-
1. The lightly scented rose smell is delish! Definitely not overpowering but very subtle.
2. The subtle pale pink shimmer it imparts after application is a pretty touch. This must be where the “radiance” factor jumps in.
3. The packaging is in accordance with other Shu products – simple, elegant and clean. The dropper style would have worked except I felt that the essence was too gluggy for this and also, I would get dried crusty bits around the opening of the bottle. (Has anyone else who has tried this product noticed that? Or is it just messy me?)
But then, what failed for me is the performance on my dry, dehydrated skin 🙁 Yes, the serum absorbed wonderfully on my skin and it gave a nice little glow afterwards, but as time went on, it didn’t hydrate enough for a severely dry-skinned
lady old hag like me. I started getting a lot of flaky skin so I have stopped using it and have gone back to a more hydrating serum. I am gutted and I blame my skin. Come on, it didn’t take to world famous SK-II Facial Treatment Essence either!
Shu Uemura Tsuya Skin Youthful Radiance Generator – I’m sorry! It’s definitely not you and it’s me and my silly skin. Although it didn’t reactivate my youth, it didn’t accelerate my age either! I’m wondering if it’s the recent seasonal climatic changes in Melbourne that has caused havoc on my skin…? Although I used this daily in the morning for 4 weeks, it looks like I’ve barely used it (what a bargain!). I’ll put it back on the beauty shelf for now and maybe come back to it in a couple of months and I will update you all if there are any changes.
I haven’t read many beauty blog reviews on this so I would be very interested to see how it works on other dry and oily and normal skinned ladies. Have you tried this yourself? And what products can you recommend to reactivate youth? I need it desperately!!