Every make-up addict knows that the key to long-lasting foundation is a good make-up base. I used to be clueless about this and did not understand why foundation would peel off like dry skin!! Anyway, I absolutely loved my Shu Uemura Under Base Cream, but when it ran out, I decided to try Shu Uemura UV Under Base
Product Description (in my own words)
Make-up primer in mousse formulation with SPF 17
- I like the idea of having SPF in my make-up base
- The mousse formulation is fun! I like ‘scooshing’ it out of the aerosol can
- The mousse is lightweight and froths away and absorbs easily into skin
- Make-up glides on easily afterwards and has staying power
- However, I feel that my cheeks look oily in photos (whereas, when I used Shu’s Under Base Cream, this did not happen)
- A satisfactory 8 out of 10 (but for the Under Base Cream, I give it 10 out of 10)
I normally buy Shu Uemura products when I am in Hong Kong. There is a new Shu Uemura UV Under Base with SPF 30 and also, it is available in fluid form too. Well, I will be going to Malaysia at the end of the year so I will be doing a lot of shopping then, methinks!
In conclusion : Shu Uemura UV Under Base, you’re good, but I prefer your sister, Shu Uemura Under Base Cream.