Being a self-confessed foundation fanatic, I obviously have to share with you the make-up brushes I have been using to apply foundation – Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush*, Royal & Langnickel [R]evolution BX-55 Pointed Foundation Brush and Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush*.
Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush
- Shiseido have aptly named this brush “Perfect” because it truly is. The soft but densely packed bristles create a fantastic flawless finish. Applying foundation is a dream with this brush as I can use it to buff all over my face. No complaints from me whatsoever. Very highly recommended!
- Can be used with all types of formulas except water resistant foundations – these formulas are more difficult to remove when washing which means it can damage the delicate bristles and reduce the life of this amazing brush
- Has not shed at all and I’ve used and washed this numerous times with the mildest shampoo I have – yes I treat this brush like a baby!
- Available to purchase at Shiseido counters at David Jones or Myer for $49 AUD or shop online
Royal & Langnickel [R]evolution BX-55 Pointed Foundation Brush
- With the pointed dome-shaped end, it means that the BX-55 can get to all the harder-to-reach areas, especially around my nose with its awkward lumps and bumps. However, it isn’t the softest of bristles and can be a bit scratchy if you have uber-sensitive skin. If so, try their super-soft SILK PRO range – lovely!!!
- I use this mainly for my Asian BB creams which are thicky and balmy
- The odd hair or two has shed, but it retains its form extremely well after washing
- Available to purchase at the annual IMATS in Sydney which is where I bought mine as part of a make-up brush set
Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush
- Comes as part of the Core Collection with 3 other fantastic brushes – from the Youtube beauty gurus, Pixiwoo
- With its flat and tapered head, it teams well with the liquid foundations in my collection to give beautiful coverage
- Must also add that it was a one of the Winners in the Beauty Heaven Best in Beauty Awards 2012
- Available to purchase in drugstore mecca, Priceline for RRP $45 – that’s for 4 brushes and a 2-in-1 case + stand!
Investing in a great foundation brush is a MUST to create a flawless finish!! Applying with fingers is messy and the foundation can get trapped under your fingernails forming dirty dried crusty bits making it look like you have been gold-digging up your nose! As for using disposable make-up sponges, it will soak up your expensive foundation faster than a work-free weekend. Speaking of weekends, have a good one! 😉
Have you tried any of these foundation brushes? What do you use to apply foundation?
* denotes PR samples