Last weekend, my friends J and J got married. Mrs J looked stunning. I had a fantastic time and was pleasantly surprised to see that they had used our personalised wedding vows for their vows! Word for word!! I had tissues ready but I didn’t cry. And the reception food was good and I got tipsy after drinking a glass of white wine!
Prior to the wedding, Mrs J had asked me for some beauty advice and my best tip was to get flawless skin – which is not an easy feat!! For my wedding, I prepped my skin 7 days before the wedding with Babor Express Relief Fluid – and my skin was glowing. I also recommended Bioeffect EGF Serum and Alpha-H products leading up to the wedding… Turns out Mrs J’s skin broke out from using Bioeffect…and she ordered a stack of Alpha-H but never got round to using it – but Babor saved the day!! (I felt awful that Mrs J’s skin broke out from using Bioeffect…but my skin loves it! I started using it again 4 days before the wedding on Saturday and sure enough, my skin plumped out and had that lovely glow…and in fact, I’m still using it this week because I can’t get enough of it.)
OOTD : Outfit Of The Day
My Husband and I had a last minute panic attack on Friday night. Both of us have put on a lot of weight since getting married last year so he couldn’t fit into his suit and threatened to wear jeans! But in the end, he found a semi-formal pair of trousers (or pants, like the Aussies call them) and a shirt. I thought he looked like a bus driver!
For my outfit, I wore a red one-shouldered dress from Review. I bought it last year when I was much skinnier…thank God I managed to squeeze into it. I had to suck my belly in the whole day!!! And I wore my nude patent peeptoes from Tony Bianco.
FOTD : Face Of The Day
For my hair and make-up, I used a LOT of products :
- FACE OF AUSTRALIA Face Base Primer* – Fantastic and affordable!
- Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation – My HG luxe foundation for a flawless finish…but it’s running out!
- Nude By Nature Finishing Mineral Veil* – Great for setting make-up.
- FACE OF AUSTRALIA Mineral Therapy Bronzing Pearls* – Hello sculpted cheekbones!
- Nude By Nature Soft Focus Illuminator* – To achieve that extra shimmer and radiance.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion Greed* – Primes oily eyelids and adds that extra shimmer under eyeshadows
- FACE OF AUSTRALIA Colour Max Eyeshadow Palette Gold Mine* – Used matte brown shade for brows.
- Mirenesse Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadows in Conch Pearls* – A subtle gunmetal grey smokey eye
- Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner – My first time using this and I was so disappointed because the 0.1mm tip is too fine and hard to control! But I will learn to master it!
- Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara* – Rose-scented mascara which lengthens. Love! (Full review)
- Note : I forgot to conceal my dark circles under eyes! FAIL!
- Elizabeth Arden Advanced Lip-Fix Cream – Been using this as a lip primer…but undecided about how I feel about it. I purchased it at a fab price and free shipping from here but it took 4 weeks to deliver though…)
- Savvy by DB Lip Liner Poppy – I ALWAYS line my lips and shade it in if I wear red lippy. ALWAYS!
- CoverGirl TruShine Lipstick in 500 Cranberry – One of my favourite reds…but it’s discontinued!! WHY?!!
- Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lip Gloss in Eric* – LOVE! (Full review and swatch)
(Products marked with * were not purchased by me. I either got sent it for editorial consideration or I got it in a goody bag.)
This blog post is dedicated to the newlyweds and I wish them a loving life-long marriage full of joy, laughter, love and babies!
What did you wear to the last wedding you attended?