She’s pretty, she’s witty, she’s an expert on writing about beauty and she recently popped a sprog. No, I’m not talking about me…! I’m talking about Zoe Foster Blake who launched her own skincare line, Go-To, earlier this year.
The Go-To range currently consists of a lip balm, cleanser, exfoliating facial pads, face cream and Exceptionoil – a nourishing body oil which I had the pleasure to trial.
Go-To Exceptionoil comes in a pretty coral-coloured tube and when I first squeezed some out, the pale yellow soilidified oil oozed out slowly and it actually reminded me of popping a pimple when the pus comes out – ooh, so satisfying!!! (TMI?)
Anyway, the solidified oil starts melting upon contacting skin and becomes a glorious puddle of nourishment which is easily absorbed into thirsty skin without leaving behind an oily residue. I couldn’t stop touching my skin afterwards as it was really soft, almost like a baby’s bottom, but it smells WAY better as Exceptionoil is fragranced with gardenias. Seriously, what’s not to love about it?!!
The witty writing on the packaging had me in hysterics.
Go-To Exceptionoil is a multi-tasking product but even though it will not do my tax, here are 21 uses for it :-
1. Use as an all-over fragranced body moisturiser
2. Use it to moisturise and soothe very dry skin patches like elbows and kneecaps
3. Mix a drop in with foundation for a glowing complexion
4. Use as a hair mask – apply to frazzled ends and leave on overnight, then wash hair in the morning
5. Get sexy and use it for a massage, baby! *winks*
6. Soothes irritated nipples from breastfeeding a teething baby
7. Use during pregnancy to help prevent stretch marks and itchy skin
8. After a shopping spree, use on feet to massage and prevent cracked heels
9. Use as an oil-based makeup remover
10. Lubricate earrings to make insertion easy and painless
11. Use as lip balm
12. Tame unruly eyebrows
13. Mix with sea salt to create a moisturising scrub
14. Smooth down flyaway hair
15. Use to nourish cuticles and nails after using nail polish remover
16. Helps ease off rings on swollen fingers
17. Helps heal and protect new tattoos when the skin goes through the peeling phase
18. Soothes sunburn
19. Use on itchy mozzie bites
20. Apply around hairline and ears prior to dyeing hair at home
21. Use to prevent chafing whenever you participate in chafing activities whatever they may be (we will not judge you!)
Bonus #22 : #BabyBunty took a fancy to Go-To Exceptionoil too and think it’s the best teething toy ever and forgot about poor Sophia la Giraffe. Also, love how her coral cat PJ’s match the coral packaging – I swear this photo was not planned!!!
Famous Last Words…
Go-To Exceptionoil : This multi-tasking baby costs $49.95 for 85ml and it will last you till your babies have babies.