If you’ve been an avid reader of The Best Beauty Blog, you may have realised that I’m a skincare junkie. I buy skincare and cosmetic products in almost every country I visit and one of the places I enjoyed shopping the most was in Seoul, Korea. Surprisingly, food was not so good, but the shopping was UH-mazing! Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Essence Peeling was one of the skincare products I purchased there and today, I am going to review it. It’s like a gentle exfoliating / peeling face mask which leaves skin feeling refreshed.
What Missha Say
Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Essence Peeling :
1. Has minute bubbles that reacts to our body temperature and skin type cleanses the dead skin cells/impurities deep in the pores
2. Promotes skin turnover and blood circulation that helps skin to regain its good conditions
3. Contains over 30% of water soluble essences such as Sodium Hyaluronic Acid that soothes and vitalizes the skin
4. Can experience effect like the professional peeling programs if used constantly
How To Use It
I am not Korean so it was pretty hard to converse with the Korean SA’s. They also have a limited understanding of English. Therefore, I was given a demo (no speaking required) on how to use it by a Missha SA prior to purchasing. I have probably modified the instructions to suit me. Anyway, here is how I use it :-
1. On a dry, cleansed face, apply the gel-like substance all over the face avoiding the delicate eye area.
2. It will take 2-3 minutes for the gel to transform into bubbles. Avoid touching face or speaking during this time. It will tickle for sure!!!
3. Once the bubbles reach maximum size, they will start to fizzle out. This may take another 5-6 minutes.
4. Once all the bubbles have burst, it is time to massage the face – like you would with an exfoliator. It’s like a mini-peel.
5. Rinse off the peel with warm water and moisturise as appropriate.
(Sorry, the numbered instructions don’t correspond to the numbered pictures – beauty blogger fail moment!!!)
Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Essence Peeling gives me the giggles!!! It tickles a lot around the nose area when the bubbles are frothing up. I dare anyone to use it without giggling!!! Aside from the tickle factor, I really like this product.
Packaged in a convenient pump. It smells like another Korean face mask I own – Laneige Water Sleeping Mask – like a fresh ocean-y scent.
Can’t read Korean so I have absolutely no idea about the ingredients.
I like it because it’s like a gentle exfoliating peel which removes dead skin cells without any harsh scrubbing involved. My skin feels really soft after using it. I believe it is similar to another exfoliating peel in Japan – Cure Aqua Gel – but it doesn’t have the frothy fun.
With a glowing review, you would think that I use this often, but sadly, I don’t. I use it once every 2 months. I just don’t have the patience to sit still and let bubbles froth on my face.
Unfortunately, Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Essence Peeling may not be readily available in shops. In fact, a google search suggests it is available in Missha stores in New Zealand and of course, Asia – but for every other country, good luck in finding this baby. I have yet to find a Western alternative to this – maybe some skincare brand should develop a formula for one! I think it would do really well. Just remember you got the idea from me, alright?