Shu Uemura, quite possibly my ultimate all-time favourite beauty brand, were the first to introduce cleansing oils as part of a skincare routine. Well, did you know they have brought out cleansing oil for hair too? No, I didn’t know either until a few months ago when I was invited to the opening of Maison Tsumiki, a luxurious hair salon which is one of 4 exclusive Shu Uemura Art of Hair stockists in Victoria. I got chatting to salon owner Linda Nishimura and she raved about Shu Uemura Art Of Hair Cleansing Oil Shampoo Gentle Radiance Cleanser and my interest was piqued after that night. Needless to say, I was super delighted when I got a chance to try the product myself
How To Use Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
Unlike the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oils for your face, scalp and hair need to be fully wet. As my hair is very thick (especially now in my 35th week of pregnancy), I need 2-3 pumps of the cleansing oil shampoo. And I basically start from my scalp and gently massage it to work up a nice lather before working the shampoo all to the ends. This is followed by a good rinse of warm water and then conditioner.
Double cleansing may be necessary if you have extra dirty hair. But I haven’t been gymming lately nor have I been hair tossing in a mud bath so I am good with just the single cleanse.
What I Love About Shu Uemura Art Of Hair Cleansing Oil Shampoo Gentle Radiance Cleanser
(Sorry I have to use the ultra long product name because there are also other cleansing oil shampoos in the range including one for anti-dandruff and anti-oil)
- The smell. Oh the smell is DIVINE!!! I can’t describe it but it’s just wonderful.
- Doesn’t make my roots oily even though it is an oil-based shampoo.
- I have stopped my daily hair washing routine! Result! I used to wash my hair daily; mostly because of work but now I am on maternity leave, I don’t have to – but also, the obsessive urge to wash my hair daily has dissipated thanks to this cleansing oil as my scalp does not feel itchy at all!!!
- My hair which is usually dry at the ends with greasy roots is looking and feeling a lot better especially because this product is replenishing it with oils.
- Silicone and paraben free which means I don’t have to worry about silicone build up and my scalp is kept happy with continuous usage.
- And there is nothing I dislike about it. AT ALL. Okay, except maybe the price tag…
There is now a complementing conditioner – Shu Uemura Art Of Hair Cleansing Oil Conditioner Radiance Softening Perfector – which is on my never-ending wishlist. But as I already mentioned, the price tag for Shu Uemura Art Of Hair Cleansing Oil Shampoo Gentle Radiance Cleanser is an ouchie at $72 AUD for 400ml – it is a luxurious treat in order to have luscious locks!
Beauty Breakdown : Shu Uemura Art Of Hair Cleansing Oil Shampoo Gentle Radiance Cleanser
- This paraben- and silicone-free formula with Onsen inspired ferment, known in Japan for their purifying virtues, gently cleanses all hair types while respecting the balance of the scalp
- Perfect for those who want to bring back the moisture to oil-stripped locks and for those who want to indulge in luxe hair products
- RRP : $72 AUD for 400ml bottle
- Available to purchase at Maison Tsumiki, feelunique.com and other Shu Uemura Art of Hair stockists
Have you tried any of the Shu Uemura Art Of Hair products? What is the maximum you would splurge on a luxe hair product?